All women will have safe, secure, affordable housing choices.
Effective provision of specialist housing services.
WHL has affirmed its commitment to the following values:
Acknowledging the value and dignity of each person, and their right to be treated with understanding, empathy and courtesy.
Recognising the unique life experience and qualities of every individual; their wisdom and insights are opportunities for learning and growth.
Open, proactive sharing of our expertise, knowledge, information and growth.
Listening to diverse opinions, perspectives and choices, to enable meaningful exchanges.
Fostering a learning culture that encourages research, to create new services, processes or procedures with a focus upon continuous improvement.
Showing the courage to take disciplined risks; being open to change, to develop sustainable solutions.
Creating an egalitarian organisation based upon principles of equality, understanding and valuing of human rights.
Validating women’s experiences and being a voice for women in the housing arena.
Operating within an ethical and moral framework to inspire a spirit of trust and confidence, through consistency, fairness and honesty in all interactions.
Achieving our goals through soundness of plans, decisions and actions, with transparency and accountability.
WHL is committed to:
- Safe and secure housing is a right afforded to all women
- Service provision will be culturally appropriate and accessible to all women
- Self determination, respect and dignity underpins all service activities
- A feminist philosophical framework that acknowledges the need for gender specific housing
- Collaboration and partnership with key stakeholders on issues of strategic importance to homeless women
- Transparent accountability in effective and efficient organisations
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement