Applying for Housing

Long Term Housing:

All applicants for long term housing must be registered with the Victorian Housing Register (VHR).  WHL obtains applicants:

  • Directly from the VHR and from
  • WHL partner support agencies

 WHL select all applicants from the (VHR). The VHR is a single point of entry for applicants to access social housing in Victoria. Applicants can choose to be visible to public housing, community housing, or both.

Once an applicant has lodged an application with the VHR and been processed, their applications can be accessed by WHL. WHL do not accept applications if the applicant is not on the VHR.

When a vacancy arises, WHL will perform a search on the VHR for the most compatible applicants and reach out to them to arrange interviews and viewings of the property.  WHL may also seek suitable applications from partner support agencies.

It is important that applicants ensure their information on the VHR is up to date and that they have included all location broadbands that are suitable for them.

For more information about the VHR, see:
For the online application form, see:

Transitional Housing:

WHL allocate transitional housing (short term housing) by receiving applicant nominations from partnered support agencies. These agencies work with WHL to select appropriate applicants for transitional properties and work closely with the renter throughout their tenancy to find long term housing.

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By :